Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Iwuanyanwu okays restructuring ... Rejects breakaway





A chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Chief Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu has said that the recent calls for restructuring the country to address the numerous challenges facing the nation were in order.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reported that Iwuanyanwu, who spoke in Abuja, added that restructuring does not mean or translate to division.

He, however, distanced himself from those asking for the balkanization of the country saying that no one had mandated anyone from igboland to speak for the Igbo breakaway.

Iwuanyanwu said, 'Let us forget about the talk of secession by some young people. I am an Igbo man and a leader.”

''I was the Chairman of Planning and Strategy of Ohaneze Ndigbo, so when you talk of any decision on the Igbo, it must have my consent.

''Igbo have never mandated anybody to go and talk about secession.

''We have heard that some youth reversed the call for the exit of the Igbo from the North”

He added, 'I am happy that Nigerian leaders as well as the governors are coming up to say that Igbo's are safe in their places''.

''Iwuanyanwu assured Igbo of their safety in every part of the country.

''Many Igbo in the north have been coming to me, asking me of what to do, I want to assure them that nobody is going to hurt them.

''We all stand for one Nigeria and in future if anybody makes a statement, nobody should generalize and say it is Igbo.

Iwuanyanwu said, ''Let us forget about the talk of secession by some young people. I am an Igbo man and a leader.

''I was the Chairman of Planning and Strategy of Ohaneze Ndigbo, so when you talk of any decision on the Igbo, it must have my consent.

''Igbo have never mandated anybody to go and talk about secession.

''We have heard that some youths reversed the call for the exit of the Igbo form the north.”

He added, ''l am happy that Nigerian leaders as well as the governors are coming up to say that Igbo are safe in their places.

''Iwuanyanwu assured Igbo of their safety in every part of the country.

''Many Igbo in the north have been coming to me asking me of what to do; I want to assure them that nobody is going to hurt them.

''We all stand for one Nigeria and in future if anybody makes a statement, nobody should generalise and say it is Igbo.'’

(c) Christian voice newspaper 

No comments:

Post a Comment